Have a question we didn’t address here? Head to the Contact Us page to have your question answered by an OHA staff member. Would you rather call to ask your question? Call us at 315-428-1864.
Planning Your Visit & Event Information
- What is your phone number?
To reach an OHA staff member, dial (315) 428-1864. To reach a specific individual by phone or email, visit our staff page to find the correct extension. To reach the Skä•noñh – Great Law of Peace Center, call 315-453-6767.
- What are your hours?
OHA’s Gift Gallery and Historical Museum in downtown Syracuse are open 10-4 Wednesday-Friday and 11-4 on the Weekends. The Richard and Carolyn Wright Research Center is open 10-2 Wednesday through Friday and Saturdays 11-3:30. The Skä•noñh – Great Law of Peace Center is open Wednesday-Friday 11-4 and 11-4 on the Weekends. Availability of exhibitions in the community are dependent upon the location. Please visit our exhibitions page to learn more about availability.
- How do I get there and where can I park?
Please select the location you are interested in visiting under the Visit tab above to check directions and parking availability.
- How can I find out what exhibitions are currently on display?
Visit our exhibitions page.
- Are all of your locations free?
The Onondaga Historical Museum is free and open to the public. The Skä•noñh Great Law of Peace Center has an admission fee of $5 per person. Community exhibit accessibility depends on the location. Please visit our exhibitions page to learn more about availability at specific locations.
- Are your locations wheelchair accessible?
The Onondaga Historical Museum, Research Center, Gift Gallery, and Skä•noñh Great Law of Peace Center are wheelchair accessible. All other locations are dependent upon the site itself. Please visit our exhibitions page to learn more about specific locations and accessibility.
- Can I take photos?
Photography is not allowed at the Onondaga Historical Museum, Research Center, and Skä•noñh Great Law of Peace Center. If you would like to photograph any one of these locations, please fill out a usage agreement form.
- Can I book a tour of one of your locations?
Yes. Please visit our Book a Tour page to contact specific individuals that will assist you depending on the time, subject, and location.
- How can I book a tour for my class or school?
Contact Scott Peal, OHA’s Education Associate, to book a tour for your class or school.
- Do you have events I can attend?
Find out what OHA has going on in the community by visiting the Events tab.
- Where can I buy tickets to your events?
You can purchase tickets to a variety of events like Ghostwalk and our Medal Breakfast in the Events tab.
- Is there an admission fee for the Research Center?
Yes. It is $7 per person ($4 for students with I.D.). OHA Members have free access.
- What do I need to get into the Research Center?
You must provide a form of I.D. and check all coats and bags upon entering the facility.
- How can I see a document, photo, map (etc.)?
Requests for obtaining items from the Research Center and / or Archives will be fulfilled by the Research Center attendant.
- Can I make a copies?
Requests for photocopying / copying any materials will be filled by the Research Center attendant after you fill out our Non-Exclusive License Form if materials can be copied without damage, and the request is within the copyright law.
- What if I need research assistance, but I’m not from the area or cannot make my way to the Research Center?
Research services for our remote patrons is available at $30 per hour, with a $15 minimum, payment received in advance. Please fill out the Research Services Request Form to begin the research process with us.
- Can I become a member of OHA?
Of course you can! And we hope you do. Learn more about membership here.
- What are the perks of being an OHA member?
Other than knowing you’re helping to preserve Onondaga County’s history for future generations, you receive free admission to our Research Center, discounts on specific events and at our Gift Gallery, and are on a first-to-know basis with new products, events, and more. Get your membership here.
- How can I pay for my membership? You can purchase your membership by using PayPal, mailing a check, with cash at our Gift Gallery Museum Store, money order, or by credit card over phone or online, through mail, or in person