OHAM&RC can provide the following facilities/capabilities
to ensure that your meeting/event is a total success.
- 600 sq. ft. conference room, seating 50 auditorium-style, 30 at tables.
- Audio-visual theater, with projection booth, seating 40 - 50.
- Lobby/Gallery areas of 5,000 sq. ft., available for receptions.
- Museum Store offers a unique line of historically themed books and other gift items.
- An alternative entertainment venue for your meeting/event participants:
- Walking tours of the downtown historic districts
If you are interested in exploring any of the opportunities listed above and would like additional information including applicable fees, please call OHAM &RC at 315-428-1864, or fax: 315-471-2133.
- Ongoing & temporary exhibits
- Opportunities for research support to highlight the local historical aspects of your group/organization
The engaging photos, paintings, maps and rare artifacts of the OHAM&RC Museum, one of the nation's largest regional collections of historical treasures, provide a fascinating exploration through 300 years of history!
The museum theater A/V show takes you back in time to relive the momentous Jerry Rescue. Enjoy OHAM&RC's major exhibit on 200 years of military history at the nearby War Memorial gallery! The museum's artifact collection includes approximately 600 paintings, military equipment and accoutrements (American Revolution-present), the Keck Stained Glass Studio collection of design renderings, windows and corporate records, as well as an extensive clothing and textile collection (1800-present).
OHAM&RC's Research Center is a major research source for genealogy, architecture, industrial and transportation history. The collection numbers about one million individual items, including photographs, local postcards, newspaper titles dating from 1776-present, and research folders on local businesses, families and local history subjects.