On January 1st 1907, the Onondaga County Courthouse officially opened at Montgomery and East Jefferson Streets in the area known as Columbus Circle. This was the fourth court house built in Onondaga County. It was designed by local architects Melvin King and Archimedes Russell and is of the Beaux Arts style, which was a popular architectural style for public buildings at the time. The project cost approximately $1.5 million (nearly $40 million today).
To commemorate the occasion, Judge Frank H. Hiscock of the Court of Appeals spoke about the history of the previous courthouses in Onondaga County and how he believed that the new courthouse would endure as a symbol of community strength and pride for more than one hundred years.