Though our administrative offices are located in downtown Syracuse, Onondaga Historical Association (OHA) is constantly growing its footprint throughout Onondaga County and evolving to meet the demands of the community. To reach our goals, we are committed to cultivating a collaborative work environment with a staff as rich and diverse as our collections. Learn about our current employment opportunities by browsing below. If you’re interested in interning or volunteering with us, click here and fill out the form.
Gift Gallery Manager
Compensation: Commensurate With Experience
Employment type: Full-Time
As assigned by the Executive Director, Gift Gallery Manager will participate in various departmental and inter-departmental functions with the following duties:
• Provides excellent customer service to museum visitors and patrons
• Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
• Researches and collaborates with staff to create new products
• Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
• Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 3 years experience in retail management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with various Point of Sale systems
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Only those the organization would like to interview will be contacted. Information will be collected until the position is filled.
The OHA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.