Historic Ghostwalks presented by the Onondaga Historical Association are led by guides to locations in neighborhoods, buildings, and cemeteries where actors in costume portray individuals from Onondaga County’s past. The “ghosts” reveal their lives in 12 to 15 minute vignettes, giving personal insight to those who have preceded us. Reservations are $15 for the general public and $12 for members (call 315-428-1864 for the member discount code).
Where and When:
Each June, tours are held at Oakwood Cemetery and include new characters and routes around the cemetery.
Each fall, dive into local neighborhoods with OHA as we explore various towns across Onondaga County. The 2019 Fall Ghostwalk took place in the Berkeley Park Neighborhood in honor of Edward Smith K-8 School’s centennial.
Our Next Ghostwalks:
STAY TUNED FOR 2021 SCHEDULE
*DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, OHA’s Oakwood Ghostwalk will look a little different.
In order to ensure safety for attendees and our ghosts, the following guidelines will be followed:
– Space is limited – TEN (10) slots per Group.
– Masks worn at all times by Guests.
– Social distancing required (unless same Family or Group).
– No walk ups / late registrants like in past years due to Covid and limiting group slots .
– Must be present when your group is slotted to begin; late arrivals may not be allowed to join the group and no Refunds given.
– In an attempt to maintain our Ghosts’ authenticity, they will not be wearing masks and therefore, to ensure safe social distancing, they will be a minimum of 10 feet away from guests.